HERITAGE MUSEUM OF MONTGOMERY COUNTY
One important objective of the Heritage Museum of Montgomery County (HMMC) is to recognize, honor and support the educational goals of deserving youth in Montgomery County, TX. Annually, HMMC provides educational opportunities to a student who has demonstrated excellence in academics and an exceptional commitment to the community. Investing in Montgomery County's future through investment in our young people is a great source of pride for HMMC. If you possess the qualities that we require, the Heritage Museum of Montgomery County would be pleased to consider you as our next scholarship recipient.
Congratulations to Our Scholarship Winners
2010 2011 - REBEKAH KEEL – Bryn Mawr College, Philadelphia, Pa
2012, 2013, 2014 - MEGAN SCHEFFE – Emory University
2015 – EMILY DEPTULA – University of Texas
2016 – SUMMER CARPER – University of Colorado Boulder
2017 – HANIA KHAN – University of Houston
2018 – HANIA KHAN – University of Houston
2019 – HANIA KHAN – University of Houston
2020 – ELLEN CRAWFORD – Texas A&M – HANIA KHAN – University of Houston
1) A $1,000.00 scholarship will be awarded to a Montgomery County qualified graduating high school senior based on the following criteria:
a) Candidates must be active in at least one civic or educational organization.
b) Candidates must have at least a 2.5 GPA (4.0 scale) and be in good standing with their high schools.
c) Candidates must plan to attend an accredited institute of higher learning within the United States.
d) Candidates must plan to enroll as full-time students and pursue a two or four-year degree.
e) After a brief orientation meeting, the scholarship winner must plan to serve as a Museum Intern for a minimum of 10 volunteer hours at the Heritage Museum of Montgomery County during the summer following high school graduation.
f) Finalists must be willing to participate in an interview with the Scholarship Committee of the Museum if asked.
2) The scholarship will be in the form of tuition, books and related course studies.
3) All scholarship monies ($1,000.00) will be paid directly to the institute of higher learning at which the recipient is currently enrolled and attends.
4) Applications should be mailed to:
Heritage Museum of Montgomery County,
Attention: Scholarship Committee
PO Box 2262
Conroe, TX 77305
***2021 Applications TBA***
Scholarship Application Folder Instructions:
1) Complete the attached two-page application form.
2) Organize your application in a folder to turn in or mail in the following order:
a) Page 1--a blank sheet of paper with a recent photograph (optional) attached with your name and high school.
b) Page 2--a typed essay of at least 100 and not more than 300 words on one of the following topics:
Why my chosen course of study
My connection with Montgomery County
The best parts of high school for me
A museum I especially enjoyed
Who I am
c) Pages 3 and 4--the completed enclosed application form.
d) Pages 5, 6, and 7--three letters of reference from one club sponsor or coach, from one teacher or guidance counselor, and from one person from a source outside of the high school system.
e) Page 8--an official high school transcript.
3) If you have received any press coverage or recognition throughout your high school career, you may include as the last page or pages of your folder. Send only copies.
4) Return your completed folder to your senior counselor or your high school’s “college and career center” OR mail directly to the Heritage Museum of Montgomery County, Attention: Scholarship Committee, PO Box 2262, Conroe, TX 77305, by Friday, April 3, 2020.
5) If you have any questions, please direct them to your high school counselor or email the Heritage Museum Scholarship Committee at HMExecutiveDirector@consolidated.net.
6) All information received from the applicants will be kept confidential.
***2021 Applications TBA***